Stiff but lightweight honeycomb cell panels artificially grown from self-distributing Natural Earth Stems.
Exterior is protected from cosmic rays and dust by tungsten carbide paintshell. Interior surfaces are coated with high tensile spidersilk mesh (to prevent interior shrapnel implosion) and finished with matte BBR (black body rad.) spray, which protects the silk from the passage of a million feet/wheels/paws, and provides essential insulation.
Length: 700 metres Note for comparison: The mining ship "Red Dwarf" (with which contact has now been lost) is 9,700 metres long.
Armament & DefencesEdit
As a Dreadnaught a very large proportion of the ship is actually dedicated to two huge hangars. These hangars serve as the base of operations for a fleet of smaller crafts that combined make the Last Hope's military and scientific operations fleet.
Specifically the fleet consists of:
- 40 x Eilyn MkI class Fighters
- 10 x Sheyla MkI class Strike Figthers (Bomber/Missile boat)
- 5 x Pandora MkI class Strike Fighters (Stealth/Special Ops)
- 3 x Arwen MkI class Cutters (Fighter Support)
- 1 x Victoria MkI class Scout (Scientific Vessel)
- 1 x Maya MkI class Scout (Intelligence Gathering)
- 1 x Selena MkI class Escort (Special Operations)
- 2 x Persephone MkI class Fast Transports (Logistics)
- 1 x Oddette MkI class Industrial (Mining & Refining)
150 = Skeleton (logistical hop from planet to planet, inbetween missions)
450 = Ready (all consoles manned for mission)
+ 1500 passengers
Ship's game sheetEdit
This sheet follows rules in the Alternity "Warships" book.
The U.E.F Tech Track has:
(G) Gravity Manipulation, (D) Dark Matter Tech, (F) Fusion Tech, (S) Super-Materials, (P) Psi-Tech, (C) Computer Tech, (Q) Quantum Manipultaion